|Piece of Cake character|
|Picture of Moggy in front of a bridge|
|First appearance||Piece of Cake – September 1939|
|Last appearance||Piece of Cake – September 1940|
|Created by||Derek Robinson|
|Portrayed by||Neil Dudgeon|
|Occupation||RAF Fighter Pilot|
|Born||circa 1919[N 2]|
He first appears as one of four members of Hornet Squadron returning to their airfield in a Buick convertible after celebrating 'Pip' Patterson's 21st birthday. Cattermole is carrying a golliwog half as big as himself.
First seen sitting on the back of a horse drawn cart during the cross country run.
- September 1939 - :Red Two
- October 1938 - Red Three
- September 1940 (His death) - Yellow Leader
- ↑ Scottish on Mother’s side (Moggy reveals this to Squadron Leader Ramsey on returning from leave in August 1939).
- ↑ Mentions that he is not yet 21.
- ↑ Moggy revealed his name to Mary during a visit to her cottage.
- ↑ In the novel, Moggy is killed by a passing Bf-109 at high altitude, shortly after his Hurricane is mistaken for a Bf109 by a Spitfire pilot, who attacks Moggy while in pursuit of a He 111. In the miniseries his Spitfire is destroyed by a 'Bf-109' which chased Moggy past the airfield at low level.